SeoflexForum - Free Ad Forum - Post a FREE Ad - Business - SEO
FREE Website Submission
https://www.pingmylinks.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FREE Website Submission
https://www.pingmylinks.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do we think it's ok to use comment spam to build links?

+4
Jadquxu
Kahapku
Kagimis
thinksync
8 posters

Go down

Do we think it's ok to use comment spam to build links? Empty Do we think it's ok to use comment spam to build links?

Post by thinksync Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:00 am

So what's the consensus here guys?

Do we think it's ok to post useless comment-spam on blogs just to get the backlinks?

Or are we harming our client's reputations by doing this?

Is it ethical?

thinksync

Back to top Go down

Do we think it's ok to use comment spam to build links? Empty Re: Do we think it's ok to use comment spam to build links?

Post by Kagimis Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:28 pm

To understand this method of link building , we need to understand what goes on in the mind of a spammer(ahem….in context to link building only). Frankly speaking, what is the first thought that comes to your mind when you think about the word ‘spammer’ ? I don’t feel the vibes are too positive, are they? but we need to understand that….

Kagimis

Back to top Go down

Do we think it's ok to use comment spam to build links? Empty Re: Do we think it's ok to use comment spam to build links?

Post by thinksync Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:36 pm

Well that's my point.

There's a great deal of encouragement to use blog comments for building backlinks. But when the comments posted don't contribute to the conversation, is there anything "positive" about them at all?

They do one thing and one thing only - suck PR from the target site to benefit the commentor's site. It's a parasitic thing and I think it can only be classed as 'spam'.

thinksync

Back to top Go down

Post by Kahapku Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:51 am

To understand this method of link building , we need to understand what goes on in the mind of a spammer(ahem….in context to link building only). Frankly speaking, what is the first thought that comes to your mind when you think about the word ‘spammer’ ? I don’t feel the vibes are too positive, are they? but we need to understand that….

Kahapku

Back to top Go down

Post by thinksync Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:39 pm

Mmmm my point exactly - a prime example of a useless, parasitic post. I'm sure there's more to come.

thinksync

Back to top Go down

Post by Jadquxu Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:53 pm

Going back to the original question, commenting only with the goal of getting links is a bit lame, in my opinion. Do you honestly think that any site owner appreciates comments like "I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenter here! It's always nice when you can be informed In such way,I'm sure you had fun reading and watching this post. san diego wrongful death attorney" or "It would also be useful have the plugins categorized a little better on the website. Browsing them is a pain the backside, since you have to go thru about 10 million social plugins that are a waste of time when you specifically need web dev tools. Domain Names Australia" (both taken from our blog's spam queue this morning)? That's just pure spam, and if you're contributing to it by posting more comments like that, then I know a few people who would like to talk to you out back...

Jadquxu

Back to top Go down

Post by thinksync Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:40 pm

It's almost too much to be believed..... but this looks like a real comment, except of course for the 'Degree to Become a Teacher' link at the bottom.

So Jadquxu, are you real or have you just cribbed your answer from elsewhere? Your response walks that fine line - an authentic, contributing response.... but done with the backlink at least partially in mind?

thinksync

Back to top Go down

Post by assala21 Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:54 am

Getting 100 backlinks from 100 different domains is far better than getting 100 backlinks from 1 domain.

And getting backlinks from a variety of different IP addresses is even better! (Every computer connected to the Internet is assigned an IP address.)

For example, let’s say you use BlueHost to host your 20 domains. Most likely all of those domains will be on the same BlueHost server and have the same IP address. So you could have your 20 domains link to each other but this will be less effective because the domains are all on the same IP address.

assala21

Back to top Go down

Post by thinksync Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:35 pm

Of course, that's totally not the point of this thread and your response is a perfect example of well crafted, yet pointlessly non-contributing spam.

But of course, if you're pitching yourself to clients as an SEO guy I hope they know what kind of an idiot they're bringing on board.

You're posting about online gambiling on a low PR forum that has no authority for those keywords and the links themselves are no-follow. A perfect storm of uselessness.

So what is it - are you an idiot or a bot?

thinksync

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyjoy Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:15 pm

If you are doing spamming to build links, simply you are harming reputation your clients and you are building poor quality links, which also harm the reputation of website as well as ranking.

dannyjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by irranya4 Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:21 am

irranya4

Back to top Go down

Post by benjaminblake Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:32 am

Spamming though not techincally illegal, is surely an in-ethical way of building links.

benjaminblake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down