SeoflexForum - Free Ad Forum - Post a FREE Ad - Business - SEO
FREE Website Submission
https://www.pingmylinks.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FREE Website Submission
https://www.pingmylinks.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brisbane flood claims first casualty

5 posters

Go down

Brisbane flood claims first casualty Empty Brisbane flood claims first casualty

Post by ceangel8 Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:18 am

Brisbane flood claims first casualty
Posted: 13 January 2011 1012 hrs
A car wrecks outside the town of Grantham in South East Queensland, Australia

Photos 1 of 1

A car wrecks outside the town of Grantham in South East Queensland, Australia

Related News
• Flooded Brisbane given reprieve, but massive damage
• Brisbane besieged by once-in-a-century floods
Twitter Messenger

BRISBANE: A 24-year-old man has become the first victim of Brisbane's worst floods in decades, taking the region's death toll to 15 in the last three days, state premier Anna Bligh said Thursday.

"This is our first death associated with the floods in Brisbane," Bligh told reporters.

Brisbane was turned into a "war zone" on Thursday with whole suburbs under water and infrastructure smashed as the worst flood in decades hit 30,000 properties.

Shocked evacuees surveyed the damage after floods that have swept eastern Australia peaked about a metre below feared levels around dawn, sparing thousands more properties in the besieged river city.

Bligh said relief was tinged with despair at the damage to homes and major landmarks, as well as the scale of the "post-war" rebuilding effort ahead in the city of two million people.

"It's a very mixed story here today, there is some relief and I'm grateful Mother Nature hasn't been as terrible as she could have been, but people are waking up to unbearable agony across our city today," Bligh told Sky News.

"We've seen scenes of unbelievable devastation and destruction: entire suburbs where only rooftops can be glimpsed, whole big workplaces... are completely under water.

"Whole industrial parks (and) railway stations under water, bridges, roads all closed," she added. "What I'm seeing looks more like a war zone in some places."

Central Brisbane remained a ghost town after office buildings ordered workers to stay away and power was cut to more than 100,000 properties in the region, as a safety measure to avoid electrical fires.

Choking back tears, Bligh said Queenslanders were a tough breed who had overcome adversity before.

"We're the ones that they knock down and we get up again. I said earlier this week that this weather may break our hearts... but it will not break our will," she said.

The Brisbane River peaked at 4.46 metres at around 5:15 am (1915 GMT Wednesday), below levels that devastated the city in 1974.

- AFP/fa

ceangel8

Back to top Go down

Brisbane flood claims first casualty Empty reply

Post by anab01 Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:00 pm

I like this article and it is really a great experience to be here.

anab01

Back to top Go down

Brisbane flood claims first casualty Empty Re: Brisbane flood claims first casualty

Post by jonathon5 Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:08 am

I come here accidentally and see your information, thanks for your sharing. Your statements are all very reasonable, also let me learn a lot, thank you!

Sight Seeing in Kanyakumari | Kanyakumari Photos | Kanyakumari hotel booking

jonathon5

Back to top Go down

Brisbane flood claims first casualty Empty Re: Brisbane flood claims first casualty

Post by rickymartin213 Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:21 pm

I descend here accidentally and see your info, thanks for your intercourse. Your statements are all rattling sensible, also let me acquire a lot, thank you!
rickymartin213
rickymartin213

Back to top Go down

Post by rickymartin213 Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:32 pm

I locomote here accidentally and see your message, thanks for your intercourse. Your statements are all rattling advisable, also let me chisel a lot, impart you!
rickymartin213
rickymartin213

Back to top Go down

Post by tommymiranda11 Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:35 pm

I travel here accidentally and see your message, thanks for your sharing. Your statements are all rattling intelligent, also let me learn a lot, convey you!
tommymiranda11
tommymiranda11

Back to top Go down

Post by tommymiranda11 Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:26 pm

I locomote here accidentally and see your content, thanks for your coitus. Your statements are all noise sensible, also let me adopt a lot, impart you!
tommymiranda11
tommymiranda11

Back to top Go down

Post by kimboy Mon May 02, 2011 4:04 am

I locomote here accidentally and see your message, thanks for your intercourse. Your statements are all rattling advisable, also let me chisel a lot, impart you!

kimboy

http://glass-cabinet-knobs.com/cabinet-pulls/home-improvement-di

Back to top Go down

Post by kimboy Mon May 16, 2011 3:35 am

I descend here accidentally and see your info, thanks for your intercourse. Your statements are all rattling sensible, also let me acquire a lot, thank you!

kimboy

http://glass-cabinet-knobs.com/cabinet-pulls/home-improvement-di

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down