SeoflexForum - Free Ad Forum - Post a FREE Ad - Business - SEO
FREE Website Submission
https://www.pingmylinks.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FREE Website Submission
https://www.pingmylinks.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forget The Hollywood Blockbusters Of Today - Give The Classics A Chance

4 posters

Go down

Forget The Hollywood Blockbusters Of Today - Give The Classics A Chance Empty Forget The Hollywood Blockbusters Of Today - Give The Classics A Chance

Post by jomack Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:25 am

Seems like you can't turn around downtown these days without bumping face-first into another movie poster. Or a commercial. Or any of the hours upon hours of previews that play every day in movie theatres across the US and around the world.

I get it. I do. It's all about moving forward, right? All in the name of progress? No, it's cool. But what happens to all of the movies that you've already made while you're out there advertising the new ones? What are those huge reels of film doing while you're whittling away at what you're hoping is going to be next summer's hit?

Want to know what happens to them? Do you really want to know? They're abandoned. Unloved. Left to lie around and collect dust on a shelf in a vault somewhere while everyone around them goes looking for something better. Banished to the back of the movie shelf and sold for practically nothing on eBay by "film buffs" looking for a way to clear off a little closet space.

It makes sense. We all want to stay ahead of the latest and greatest. But honestly? There's a reason I live in a small town. Why my kids go to a (relatively) small school. Why I still bake cookies for my neighbors every Christmas. Because "today" isn't always an improvement on yesterday.

This is so true of movies too.

Classic films are sublime pieces of early film art. We dwell in a world of CGI animation and artistic directors who have available to them limitless technological goodies and special effects to bring movies to life. The downside to all this cutting edge gadgetry, as has been brought up many times by film aficionados everywhere, is that with all this new, exiting action and non-stop visual and audio effects, modern movies suffer from a lack of story line, lack of character development and lack of anything really interesting to a thinking human being.

jomack

Back to top Go down

Forget The Hollywood Blockbusters Of Today - Give The Classics A Chance Empty Re: Forget The Hollywood Blockbusters Of Today - Give The Classics A Chance

Post by michaeldemin Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:18 am

The downside of all this advanced gadgets, as has been raised several times by the aficionados of the film throughout is that all this new, emerging and action non-stop visuals and audio, movies, modern suffer from a lack of story line, lack of character development and lack of anything really interesting to be a human thought.

michaeldemin

Back to top Go down

Forget The Hollywood Blockbusters Of Today - Give The Classics A Chance Empty Re: Forget The Hollywood Blockbusters Of Today - Give The Classics A Chance

Post by dravinthrod Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:07 am

Unloved. From left to lie around and collect dust on a shelf in a vault somewhere, while all around them will look for something better.

dravinthrod

Back to top Go down

Post by devinclerk Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:16 pm

The downside of all this advanced gadgets, as demonstrated many times by movie fans everywhere is that all this new, and the act of leaving non-stop visuals and audio, modern films suffer from a lack of story line, lack of character development and lack of something really interesting for a thinking man.

devinclerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down